Hey, glad to see you’re back! Today just as the title states, we are gonna be focusing on a simple fish recipe. Keyword: simple. You know that’s what I’m all about. Food doesn’t have to be that complicated. Especially if you are just starting out on learning how to cook or you just moved out of your mama’s house and well, you’ve never bothered to learn.
Either way, I got you covered. Fish is just healthy. There’s Is no downside. It’s healthier than red meat and contains omega 3 which’s a bonus for your brain!
First of all, if you haven’t subscribed, please do so below.
Let’s begin :
- A whole fish
- 2 large onions
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 green capsicum(cut lengthwise)
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- Green chili
- Salt to taste
- Add some hot oil to the pan and add in crushed garlic. (When crashing my garlic I usually combine it with some salt)
- Then add in the diced onions and let them fry till slightly brown.
- Afterward, add on your tomatoes and cook until almost completely mushy.
- We don’t want the tomatoes to be completely dry so at this point we add in the fish (whole).
- Sprinkle the capsicum and chili on top and cover.
- Don’t stir the fish or the capsicum. It will cook with the steam.
- Let that simmer and turn the fish after 4 to 5 minutes so that it can cook on the other side as well as the capsicum.
- By now your meal has developed an amazing aroma that is to die for.
You know sometimes I get really excited and just serve it on the pan just as it is. Straight from the fire. Giving you chef vibes here!
Best served with ugali or rice maybe. I don’t prefer it with rice cause of the fish bones. Either way, serve with your accompaniment of choice.
This was pretty simple, wasn’t it? Once you try this recipe, feel free to send me the photos or tag me on Instagram @_swahili.spice_